BizTalk360 does not bundle BizTalk Health Monitor (BHM) during installation due to the licensing restrictions of BHM. Therefore, administrators must manually install BHM separately in the server where BizTalk360 is installed.
Follow the steps as shown below to configure BHM:
- Download BHM Version 4.0 from this link
- Extract the files to your preferred location in the server where BizTalk360 is installed
- Run BHMSetup.exe
- Once the Installation is complete, Run the BizTalkHealthMonitor.msc file from the installed folder
- Click Analyse Now button in the BizTalk Health Monitor MMC Snap-in window
Monitor multiple BizTalk Environments
BHM Snap-in allows monitoring multiple BizTalk environments from a single MMC. When you register BHM on a BizTalk server, by default it will add a “group” node representing the current BizTalk group configured for this server. You can, however, add additional nodes corresponding to different BizTalk groups by specifying its name, the location of its Management database and the output folder.
Each group node will have its own customized settings in term of its level of information to collect, its level of information to display, its type of notifications to enable, or its type of performance data to collect.
Generate and View MBV report
Once a group node is added in the BHM hierarchy, you can start immediately to analyze its corresponding BizTalk group by right-clicking on the node and select the “Analyze now” menu item.
The analysis consists of running a number of queries to collect all important information about the BizTalk group, evaluating a set of rules for each of them, and raising any warnings (critical or not) if there is any.
Note: The engine, the queries, and rules repository are the same as used by MBV.
Configuring BHM in BizTalk360
Once BHM is installed in the server where BizTalk360 is running, the administrator needs to configure the integration with BizTalk360.
Follow the steps as shown below to set up the integration:
- Log in to the application (as a Superuser)
- Click the Settings icon at the top of the page
- Click BizTalk Health Monitor from the left menu bar:
- BizTalk Health Monitor Download Directory - Mention the path (the path used in 'Run' to open)
- Schedule Execution - Select the environment from the drop down for which the BHM execution has to be scheduled
- Day/Time - Select the day and time when the BHM should run automatically. For example, selecting Monday to Sunday at 0500 hrs means that the BizTalk Health Monitor will run every day at 0500 hrs
- Click 'Save'
- Select BizTalk360 Health, navigate to 'Monitoring Service Status' and observe if any exception is appearing in the exception column for BHM Schedule
- If any EULA related exception appears in the process, go to the below article and install the BHM_EULA.reg in the server where BHM is installed
- Verify once again the exception is not appearing on the BHM Console
- Restart the BizTalk360 Monitoring service under services.msc. Now the BHM data will automatically be collected