Monitoring and Notifications is one of the core features of the BizTalk360. In BizTalk360 version 8.0, we introduced Notification Channels that allows customers to notifications to other channels like Slack and ServiceNow. With version 8.3, we are introducing “Webhook Notification Channel” that allows the users to post the monitoring status message to any REST API. Let's consider a scenario, the user wishes to integrate an On Premise BizTalk environment with their Cloud Infrastructure to make the cloud environment aware of the health of the BizTalk environment. Once the notifications are triggered via webhook as JSON response format, the user can use the notification details in their web services. Logic Apps has a trigger that can have an HTTP connector to receive the messages from BizTalk360. Once the message is received in the Logic App, the user can design the Logic App to send the message as an email.
Configuring Webhook Notification Channel
Once the Logic App is created and deployed in the Azure portal, the user can log into BizTalk360 and configure the Logic Apps URL in the Webhook Notification Channel.
- Log into BizTalk360 application
- Click the Settings icon in the Home screen
- Click the Monitoring and Notification tab in the left navigational panel
- Select the Manage Notification Channels tab
- Select B360.Notifier.Webhook. Click Configure to open the configuration panel.
- Enter the API URL obtained from the Logic Apps
Enter the Optional Properties
- Key – API key that needs to be added in the Authorization header
- Proxy Settings – Proxy server details if the BizTalk360 environment is behind a proxy
- Request Methods – POST/PUT based on the API
- Request Content Type – XML/JSON based on the API
Default Headers – Any additional headers that need to add in the HTTP request header
- Click Configure to complete the process. The user can map the Webhook Channel to any Alarm in BizTalk360.
Mapping Alarms to the Webhook Notification Channel
The create alarm screen is flexible; you can simply create a regular alarm or a threshold alarm, or you can use the same alarm to monitor both regular and threshold condition. To create an alarm in BizTalk360, you need to follow the steps below:
- Log in to the BizTalk360 application
- Click 'Monitoring' tab in the Navigation panel on the left side of the screen
- Click 'Manage Alarms' tab
- Click 'New Alarm' and select the alarm type from the drop down. Enter a descriptive name for the Alarm, Email id (you can enter multiple email ids as comma separated values), and Alarm DescriptionThe user can enter multiple email ids as comma separated values to receive separate alerts to all email id's or enter semi-colon separated email ids to receive a single alert (email count) to all email id's in one go.
- Click Next to configure the Threshold Alarm and Status Alarm page
Click Next to move to the last section of adding the Advanced Settings information
- Enable the Webhook Notification Channel, enter the Short Description, Impact, and Urgency. Click Configure to save the settings