In this article, we will take a detailed look at the steps to add and edit an Azure Service Bus queue in BizTalk360. Adding a new queue to Azure Service Bus monitoring involves creating rules to set the alert thresholds. With BizTalk360, you can monitor the health of the queue as well as other parameters associated with the queue. Ther other parameters include Queue Size, Status, Messages, Active Messages, Scheduled Messages, Transfer Messages, and Dead Letters. If you are a normal user, the pre-requisite to configure monitoring for a queue is that you need permissions to manage Azure Service Bus Queues in BizTalk360.
Adding an Azure Serice Bus Queue to BizTalk360
- Log into BizTalk360
- Click Monitoring on the top of the left navigation menu
- Click the expand button against the Manage Mapping and select Queues
- Select the Alarm name (see Creating an alarm) from the drop down for which you would like to associate the alerts
- Select the Azure Service Bus Queues tab
- Click New Queue to open the Add New Queue blade
- Enter the NameSpace ConnectionString and Queue NameYou can get the NameSpace ConnectionString from the Azure Portal by clicking on Connection Information icon of the particular namespace.
- Create rules for threshold alerts under Queue Configurations
- While creating a rule in Queue monitoring, You can add up to 5 conditions for alert thresholds based on your needs. For each condition you add, you can create 2 operators (AND/OR).
- Click Save Configurations to create monitoring for the Queue
- The configurations will be saved and the Queue will be added to the Azure Service Bus Queues monitoring tab
Editing the monitoring configurations of an Azure Service Bus Queue in BizTalk360
BizTalk360 allows users to modify rule condition configured to a Queue from the Monitor Results blade. The system does not allow the users to edit the Queue Name and NameSpace ConnectionString but allows them to modify the rule conditions associated with the Queue. For instance, let's say the user is interested in adding a sub-condition to the existing condition to alter the threshold alert. Follow the steps as shown below to edit the rule information.
- Follow the steps 1-5 as show in adding an Azure Service Bus Queue in BizTalk360
- Click the CONFIG button against the Queue you wish to edit
- Click the Configure Threshold button in the Monitor Results blade
- Edit the rules as per your requirements. In this case, you can click the icon at the end of the condition to add a sub-condition and enter the values.
- Click Save Configurations to save the changes.
- The threshold condition will be reflected as per the new changes