In this article, we will show you the detailed steps to install and use BizTalk360 from Azure Marketplace. To download and install BizTalk360 from Azure Marketplace, you need to have a Microsoft Azure account with a valid subscription.
To understand the installation procedure better, lets consider a scenario and how you can incorporate BizTalk360 from the Azure Marketplace.
Let's assume Contoso uses Microsoft Azure for their BizTalk server deployments, and they have a multi-server configuration on Azure. Basically, their environment setup comprises of a domain controller (say, a Windows Server 2012 R2 edition) with the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) defined as CONTOSO.COM, a separate virtual machine that hosts the Microsoft BizTalk Server (BizTalk Server 2013 R2 Enterprise Edition), and a separate machine that contains the SQL Server (SQL 2014 Enterprise edition running on a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine). All the BizTalk server configurations are in place and Contoso wants to implement BizTalk360 to monitor their BizTalk server environment.
To install BizTalk360 from the Azure Marketplace;
- Log in to Azure Portal
- Click Virtual Machines from the Left Menu
- Click Add to add a new virtual machine
- In the Search box, enter BizTalk360 to search for the installer
- Select BizTalk360 from the results section
- A new blade screen will open with the details about BizTalk360, and some useful links to documentation, BizTalk360 product, Features, Pricing. Click Create to start creating BizTalk360 virtual machine.
- The virtual machine creation process basically comprises of 5 steps - Configuring the Basic settings, Choosing the Virtual Machine size, Configuring Optional Features, Summary page, and Payment section
- Basics - This is very similar to creating any virtual machine in Azure. You need to provide a name for the VM, username and password, select your subscription and resource group details. Click OK to move to the next section.
Size - Choose the size of the virtual machine according to your requirement. Click Select to continue to the next step.For BizTalk360 on Azure, we recommend a Standard A2 size
- Settings - The next screen is optional. Please make the changes, as necessary. Click OK to continue to the next step.
- Summary - The summary of the selections in the previous sections. Click OK to continue to the next step.
- Once the virtual machine is deployed, click the machine details under Virtual Machines and click Connect. This will download the RDP file to connect to the virtual machine.
- Enter the credentials that you provided in step 7.1 and connect to the virtual machine
- Once you log in to the virtual machine, you will notice the BizTalk360 Azure Marketplace Installer automatically firing up. We will see the different fields to be entered in the Azure Marketplace Installer in a separate section below.
- Domain Name - Enter the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) that you want this machine to join. For instance, if the domain name is CORP.COM, you need to enter the FQDN as CORP.COM. Just entering CORP wouldn't allow the installation to continue.
- Domain Account - Enter the account credentials (user name and password), in the space provided, that has enough privileges to join the current computer to the domain
- Service Account - Enter the service account details (user name and password), in the space provided, that will run the BizTalk360 Monitoring service
SQL Server Details - Enter the SQL server details where the BizTalk360 database will be created, and the name for the database.
Instance Name - Enter the SQL instance name where the BizTalk360 database will be created.BizTalk360 Azure Marketplace installer will support SQL Azure
Database Name - Enter the name in which you want the BizTalk360 database to be createdBy default, the field will be pre-populated with the database name as BizTalk360. You can change the value according to your requirement.
- Authentication Type - You can choose between Windows authentication and SQL Server authentication to connect to the SQL instance. Depending on the selection, enter the user name and password that the installer will use to connect to the SQL server.
- Instance Name - Enter the SQL instance name where the BizTalk360 database will be created.
Install - Once you have entered all the information in the installer, click Install to install BizTalk360 in the virtual machineAt this point of time, the first step that will happen is to add the virtual machine to the domain specified in point 1. As a part of this process, the virtual machine will automatically restart itself. Once after the restart, the installation of BizTalk360 will continue and you can see the result in the Output section.
- Output - This section will display the status of the installation process
Get Trial Key - Click the link to request for a free 14-day trial key to try BizTalk360If you already have a working license, you can use the same Order Number and License code to activate the license. However, please remember to deactivate the license from the current working environment before trying to apply it in the new environment.
- Help - Click the link to access the BizTalk360 support documentation for any assistance about the product
- BizTalk360 Azure Easy Installer - If you are using standalone BizTalk server machines, then you can choose this option to install BizTalk360 in a single click. Click here to view the documentation for this option.