Let's go through the process of adding a new environment in version 8.0 of BizTalk360.
- Log in to BizTalk360 (as a super user)
- Click the Settings icon at the top of the page
- Click Environments > New to add a new environment
- In the Environment Configuration page;
- Name - Enter a friendly name that helps to identify the environment. Ex. BT360QA01
SQL Instance Name - Enter the name of the SQL server instance that holds the BizTalk Management Database
Management Database Name - Enter the name of the BizTalk Management Database (BizTalkMgmtDb)
Environment UI Color - Choose a color theme for the environment for easy identification purposes. You will notice the color theme on the top left corner of the BizTalk360 application (in the environment selection pane). Color coding of the default environment is set to #ed9d71
- Allowed Features - Select the features that the user(s) will be able to see in the environment. For instance, if this environment is for testing purposes and the team should only be able to see BAM, Business Rules, Throttling Analyser, select the check boxes against these features. Users having access to this environment will only see these selected features.
- Click Save to save the details and create the environment. If the information is not valid (if the instance name is entered wrongly), BizTalk360 will display an error message.
- Once the environment is saved, you will see a warning message in a yellow bar asking to activate the license for the created environment. Click Manage Licenses to set up the licensing for the environment.
If you choose not to activate the license for the environment, the environment details in the Manage Environment page will display the License Type as 'Unknown' and License Status as "Activate License".
Click the sliders to view the process of adding a new environment in BizTalk360.