If you are running any version of BizTalk360 below 126.96.36.199; you need to take a 2-step approach in order to get to the latest version. Firstly, you need to uninstall the current version and then install the latest version. Otherwise the MSI installer will give warnings and will not proceed.
Please follow the below steps to complete the process:
- If you are running a version under 6.7.x, uninstall the current version. BizTalk360 can be uninstalled like any other program by going to “Uninstall or Change a Program” in Control Panel and selecting “Uninstall”.
Download the latest version of BizTalk360 installer from http://www.biztalk360.com/free-trial/
- Press the 'Windows Key', open Command Prompt on the Metro UI page, right click on it and click ‘Run as Administrator’
- Navigate to the location where the MSI file is saved and execute it
- In the Welcome to BizTalk360 Setup Wizard screen, click ‘Next’ to continue
- Read the End User License Agreement and select ‘I accept the terms in the License Agreement’ to accept the license agreement. Click 'Next'.
- In the Prerequisite Checks screen, check whether all the prerequisites have been verified and a green tick mark is placed next to every item. If something is wrong, please cancel the setup, correct the errors, and rerun the setup. If everything is correct, click Next to proceed to the next step.
- In the IIS Virtual Directory Settings page, select the IIS website where you want to create the virtual directory. Enter the application pool settings such as Name, username, and password. Once you have entered the information, click Next to proceed further. Make sure the user is a part of the local groups (refer the Prerequisites section)
- In the Access for creating BizTalk360 Database screen page, specify the SQL Server Name and Database name. You have the option to test whether the connection to the database is successful. (As a best practice, leave this section with the default values). Click Next to proceed to the next screen
- BizTalk360 v8.0, allows users to install Biztalk360 with Azure database. In the case of using Azure database, select SQL Server Authentication option under Authentication Mode and enter the Username and Password.
- In the Custom Setup screen, you can pretty much leave everything as default. Make sure you select a valid location to save BizTalk360 on your computer. When you do this, also make sure you change the Website and Windows service component information as changing one will not automatically change the other. Once ready, click Next for the final installation verification step
- Review the information and click ‘Install’ to start the installation process. Once the installation is complete (it takes about 1-2 minutes), click Finish to complete the process.
Click the slider to view the complete process.