In this section, we will take a look at the manual license deactivation process in BizTalk360. Once you have manually activated the BizTalk360 license, you can choose to deactivate it in the absence of internet connection.
If in case you are decommissioning the server, please keep in mind that you MUST deactivate the active license(s). Failing to deactivate the license(s) will mean that you will not be able to use the same license on a different Production or Non Production environment. You will see an error message as "There is already an active license for this order number/license code. Please deactivate the current license".
In this case, when you reach out to our Licensing team, the deactivation/activation will be done free of cost for the first time. However, in future, if there is a request from the same company for the same problem, an admin fee of USD 100 will be applicable on each occasion to perform the deactivation/activation process.
Follow the steps as shown below to deactivate a license manually in BizTalk360 -
- Log in to BizTalk360 (as a Super user)
- Create a new environment for which you want to activate the license. Click here to read the article on how to add a new environment in BizTalk360.
- In the 'Manage Licenses' page, select the check box against the environment name (that is already activated and has to be deactivated) and click Get Manual Deactivation Code. Alternatively, click the Red Power icon to manually deactivate an environment.
- A confirmation pop-up will display as follows. Click Yes to deactivate the license code.Environment license will be deactivated immediately and it will be inaccessible. You can reclaim the license using deactivation code generated. Do you want to continue?
- The License Deactivation Request blade will open with the deactivation text. Copy the license deactivation code and navigate to http://www.biztalk360.com/manual-license-activation/ in a web browser (with an internet connection).
- Select Deactivation option and paste the deactivation code in the space provided
- If the generated code is valid, you will receive a confirmation message as "Successfully deactivated the requested license"
- Navigate back to the Manage Licenses screen. You will notice that the License Activation Status will display status as Deactivated, Product License Type will display the status as Commercial, and the Expiry Status will be Unknown.
Click the sliders to view the process of deactivating a license in BizTalk360.