In this article, we will take a comprehensive look into the steps involved to add a Custom Widget into an analytics dashboard.
Follow the steps as shown below to add a new custom widget to the dashboard. To understand the process better, we will show the example of adding the 'biztalkmsgboxdb' (artifact) custom widget into the Analytics Home Dashboard.
- Log in to BizTalk360
- On the Analytics Home screen, click Add Widget
- You will notice the Add Widget blade on the right hand side of the screen. Click 'Add New Widget' option in the bottom of the Add Widget blade.
- In the 'Add New Widget' blade enter the widget title
Date Range - Select the date range for chart. The options are - Last 24 Hrs, Last 7 days, Last 30 days and Custom
- Last 24 Hrs - Displays the data from last 24 hours
- Last 7 days - Displays the data from last 7 days
- Last 30 days - Displays the data from last 30 days
- Custom - To add a specific number of days, use the scroller to select the day
- Compare with Previous Hour/Day/Month- Select this check box to compare the real time data with previous hour/day/month
- Compare with previous option is allowed only for a single metric.
- Select the Type of Chart and the legend options
- Choose the Artifact and Category - Select the artifact and category that you want to generate chart
- Follow the same steps from 7 and 8 to add more metrics to the widget
- Click the Save button to close the Add New widget blade
Click the sliders to go through the process.