This section explains how to install and configure BizTalk360 in a Microsoft BizTalk server running on Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1. You can download the latest version installer of BizTalk360 from http://www.biztalk360.com/free-trial/. You must enter the registration information in the form before downloading the BizTalk360 MSI.
Installing BizTalk360 On Windows 8.1
- Press the 'Windows Key', open Command Prompt on the Metro UI page, right click on it and click ‘Run as Administrator’
- Navigate to the location where the MSI file is saved and execute it
- Please run the MSI from an Administrator Command Prompt
- In the Welcome to BizTalk360 Setup Wizard screen, click ‘Next’ to continue
- Read the End User License Agreement and select ‘I accept the terms in the License Agreement’ to accept the license agreement. Click 'Next'.
- In the Prerequisite Checks screen, check whether all the prerequisites have been verified and a green tick mark is placed next to every item. If something is wrong, please cancel the setup, correct the errors, and rerun the setup. If everything is correct, click Next to proceed to the next step.
- In the IIS Virtual Directory Settings page, select the IIS website where you want to create the virtual directory. Enter the application pool settings such as Name, username, and password. Once you have entered the information, click Next to proceed further. Make sure the user is a part of the local groups (refer the Prerequisites section)
- In the Access for creating BizTalk360 Database screen page, specify the SQL Server Name and Database name. You have the option to test whether the connection to the database is successful. (As a best practice, leave this section with the default values). Click Next to proceed to the next screen
- BizTalk360 v8.0, allows users to install Biztalk360 with Azure database. In the case of using Azure database, select SQL Server Authentication option under Authentication Mode and enter the Username and Password.
- In the Custom Setup screen, you can pretty much leave everything as default. Make sure you select a valid location to save BizTalk360 on your computer. When you do this, also make sure you change the Website and Windows service component information as changing one will not automatically change the other. Once ready, click Next for the final installation verification step
- Review the information and click ‘Install’ to start the installation process. Once the installation is complete (it takes about 1-2 minutes), click Finish to complete the process.
Click the sliders to view the complete installation procedure.
Verifying The Installation
Once you have completed the installation process, and if everything went well, the installation wizard will open BizTalk360 application in a browser (http://localhost/BizTalk360) and you will see a screen as below.
If you do not see the page as above, kindly refer the First Time Launch Issues sections.
Activating the License Key
When BizTalk360 is installed, a default environment gets created in BizTalk360 (with the same name as the SQL server instance). The administrators need to Activate the license for the environment, click here to understand the BizTalk360 License Management. Once the new key is applied, the license will change to appropriate license type.
To activate the license key, you need to follow the below steps:
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ page from the BizTalk360 Dashboard page
- Click ‘Licenses’ from the left menu
- Select the check box against the environment name and click ‘Activate’ button
- Enter the Order Number, License code and other fields
- Click ‘Activate’ to activate the license information for the selected environment
Click the sliders to view the complete license update process.