Once the KB article is created for the ESB fault code (refer Adding a KB article for fault code), when the fault code is generated in the ESB Exception Management section, the KB article will be displayed next to the properties icon. When there are multiple KB articles for the same fault code, BizTalk360 will apply the Best Match scenario and display the article based on the tags that have been applied for the article.
Viewing The KB Article For The Fault Code
Once a KB article is created for a particular fault code, if the code is listed the next time under ESB Exception Management, a KB article icon will be displayed next to the error code.
Log in to the application
- Select the Environment from the drop down
- Click the 'Operations' tab in the Navigation panel
- Click the expand button against 'ESB Portal' tab and select 'ESB Exception Data' link
- Select the query, add appropriate filters (if required) and click Execute Query
- The query result will contain the fault information. If the fault code has a matching KB article, the KB article icon (book icon) will be displayed next to the properties icon
- Click the Properties (eye icon) to view the information about the fault
- The Fault Details and Exception Details section will display the information about the fault and the exception that gets generated due to the fault
- The Knowledge Base section will display the KB article for the fault