A BAM activity represents a specific business process in the business, say for example, handling a purchase order. The business users can create BAM activities to define information that they want to monitor in the business process with BAM. Business users can use the BAM Excel add-in to define the data that BAM needs to collect. BAM View is a representation of the data that is tracked in the BAM activity.
BizTalk360 lists all the BAM views configured in the environment under the BAM Views tab. When the BAM View is clicked, the drop down in the Build Query Expression section will display the list of BAM Activities. A BAM View can have one or more BAM Activities. When the BAM activity is selected from the drop down, the available columns in the BAM activity are automatically populated under the 'Available Columns' section. The user has the option to move the items from the available columns section to the Selected Columns list. Once the items are moved from the available columns section to selected columns section, user can optionally move them to the Order By section to tell the query builder how to sort the results and display them in the Query Results section.
The following screenshot displays the different options available in the Activity Search window:
- Select Activity - Select the BAM Activity from the drop down. All the activities associated to the BAM view will be listed.
- Available Columns - Once the activity is selected from the drop down, all the available columns in that activity are automatically populated
- Selected Columns - The user can move the required column from the available column to the selected column by clicking the -> (arrow mark). The user can select multiple columns from the available column and move them at once to the selected columns section. Based on the values selected in the Selected Columns section, the result values will be populated when the query is executed. The users can move the columns from the Selected columns to Available Columns section by clicking the <- (left arrow mark). The values can be moved up and down by clicking the downward and upward arrows.
- Order By - Moving from Selected Columns to Order By section is completely optional. The user can move the items to Order By section to tell the query builder how to sort the results and display them in the Query Results section. The users can move the columns between 'Selected Columns' and 'Order By' by clicking the -> and <- buttons.
- Descending - Click the check box to view the query results in the descending order
- Max Matches - Select the number of records to be fetched. Ex. 10, 25, 50, 100, ....
- Execute Query - Once all the values are selected, click Execute Query to view the query results. Depending on the values selected in the 'Selected Columns' and the order in which they have to be displayed (as per the 'Order By' section), the query results section will display the results.
- Add a Filter - To filter the results based on different parameters. Once the filter criteria is selected, you will automatically see the values for the filter getting listed in the drop down.
The operator in most cases is 'Is Equal To'. But in the case of the date/time fields, the operator will be 'On or Before', 'On or Later', 'On', 'Before', 'Later', and so on.Once a filter item is chosen from the drop down and while adding a new filter, the previously selected item will not be visible in the drop down.
Click here to view the process of performing an activity search.