BizTalk360 allows support persons to create and tag multiple articles against the same fault code. The application uses a Best Match scenario to identify and display the KB article for the fault code. This depends on the additional options, known as tags, that the support person chooses while creating a KB article for the particular service instance fault code.
Creating KB Article For The ESB Exception (With The Tag For GlobalBank.ESB Application)
To understand the process of creating multiple KB articles for the same fault code, let us consider Contoso moves into an error state and a fault message is generated that is published to the MessageBox. The support person can create a KB article for the fault code as follows:
- Log in to the application
- Click Knowledge Base icon at the top of the page
- Click ESB Exceptions in the Manage Knowledge Base articles page
- Click Add New to create a new KB article
- In the Add New Knowledge base Article page, enter/select the following information. Only when the environment is selected from the drop down, the application will allow to select the other items.
- Article Title – Give meaningful name for the article. The best practice would be to provide a name related to the fault code/fault message.
- Fault Code – Enter the fault code for which the KB article is created, say 2000
- Fault Description – Enter the detailed information for the KB Article in the text editor space provided
- Environment – Choose the environment for which the KB Article is to be displayed. If the default option (Choose Environment) is chosen, the KB article will be applied to all the environments.
- Category – Select the category of fault from the drop down. The application will display the different categories based on the categories that have been listed in the ESB Exception Management portal.
- Fault Severity – Select the severity count of the fault from the drop down. The application will display the fault severity based on the values that have been listed in the ESB Exception Management portal.
- Application Name – Select the application name for which there was an exception during the processing (Contoso)
- Error Type – Select the type of error that caused the exception
- Error Text – This field can have the token from the description of the error message. This field is restricted to 20 characters
- Click Save and Close to save the KB article for the corresponding ESB exception
Creating a KB article for the ESB Exception (with the tag for TestApplication)
In case if another application (ACME-Doc) moves into the error state with the same fault code (2000), and error type, and the workaround to solve the problem is slightly different from the steps in the previous KB article, a new KB article for the same fault code can be created. Follow the exact same steps as shown above, and select the appropriate tags (Environment, Category, Fault Severity, Application Name, Error Type, and Error Text) for the fault code. The tags will play the differentiator to display the appropriate KB article.