In this article, we will take a detailed look into the steps to resize a widget. In BizTalk360, when a widget is added to the dashboard, it gets added at a best size where all the information will be visible to the user. However, we have provided a functionality to users where you can customize the size of the widgets according to your needs. Say, the widget for monitoring service, when it loads on the default dashboard, it is by default in the Normal size. But you can resize it to be Small to occupy less space in the dashboard grid and add more widgets.
Before continuing reading this article, we recommend you to read this article that talks about the different widget sizes and the different sizes a widget can be resized.
Please remember that you cannot drag the static widgets on the corners to resize it to a different size. You can only do this with the custom widgets.
Follow the steps as shown below to resize the widget. For better understanding of the functionality, we will consider one widget 'Message Box' which can be found under Add Widget -> Environment Artifacts. By default, when this widget is added to the dashboard, it will be in the Large size format (4x4). The different sizes that you can customize this widget are Wide (4x2), Normal (2x2), Small (2x1).
- Log in to BizTalk360
- On the Operations Home dashboard, click the Customize button. You will notice that all the widgets will be in a grayed out state.
- Click on the widget that you want to resize. The widget will be activated with the controls required to edit the widget.
- Next to the widget title, click the icon
- You will notice the options to customize the widget with the different sizes. Click the size to which you want to resize the widget.
- Click Done on the top right corner of the screen to save the dashboard customization. Alternatively, click the icon and select Done Customizing from the drop down.
- The widget will be resized to the chosen size
Click the sliders to go through the process.