In this article, we will take a detailed look at the different components of the Dashboard screen. Before getting into the concepts, you need to remember that after a fresh installation of BizTalk360 v8.0, or upgrade to v8.0 from an older version, you have to activate the licenses for the environment(s) in order to be able to work on the Dashboard/any BizTalk360 functionality. For the sake of this documentation, let's assume that you have activated the licenses for your environment after installing BizTalk360 v8.0. You will see a screen as shown below.
Important Points to Remember
- We have categorized the different operations of BizTalk360 into the top 3 levels (Operations, Monitoring, and Analytics). Each top level section contains a separate Home screen.
- The Home screen on the Operations level contains the Dashboard where users can pin their favorite BizTalk360 pages as widgets, as well as create their own custom widgets
- The Home screen on the Monitoring level contains the Monitoring Dashboard that displays the different artifacts that are configured with a particular alarm for monitoring in a nice graphical manner
- The Home screen on the Analytics level contains the Analytics Dashboard with pre-defined widgets that display the performance parameters of the BizTalk server environment. Similar to the Home screen on Operations level, users have the capability to create custom (performance monitor) widgets.
- By default, the "Default Operations Dashboard" loads up when you activate the license for the particular environment. The Default Operations Dashboard contains 5 pre-loaded widgets (which can be customized by the users as per their requirements).
Home - The earlier Dashboard menu item has been replaced with Home. As mentioned in the Points to Remember section, each top-level operation (Operations, Monitoring, and Analytics) has its own Home section with the corresponding dashboard view. Click the sliders below to view the Home screen of Operations, Monitoring, and Analytics.
- Environment Name - Displays the name of the current environment
- Dashboard Operations - Displays the different dashboard operations - Add Dashboard, Add Widget, Customize, Refresh. For more information about each of these operations, please refer this section.
Widgets Area - This area is reserved for the widgets. When you click the Customize option, you will notice that each grid is a 1x1 block. You can add/customize widgets depending on multiple sizes such as 1x1, 2x2, 4x2, 4x4, 6x4, and so on. For detailed information about Customizing Widgets, please refer this section.
However, when the dashboard loads up for the first time (after a fresh install of BizTalk360 v8.0 or upgrade to v8.0 from a lower version), you will notice 5 default widgets on the Operations Home screen. They are -
- Alarms - Depicts the number of alarms that have been created in the environment and the number of alarms that have been enabled/disabled and mapped/not mapped with any artifacts
- BizTalk Environment Properties - Displays the basic information about the BizTalk environment (Group Name, Server Name, Management DB name)
- Artifacts Counts - Gives you a count of the total number of applications and the artifacts that are present in the environment
- Monitoring Services - Depicts the status of the monitoring service. If the service is running without any problems, you will notice a green tick mark in the widget. If the service is stopped, you will notice a red cross mark in the widget.
- Support and Documentation - Provides you a quick link to the BizTalk360 documentation portal so that you can easily look for any information regarding the product