When BizTalk360 is installed/upgraded to v8.0, and if everything went well during the installation, the installer wizard will automatically open BizTalk360 application in a browser window (http://localhost/BizTalk360/).
First look of the BizTalk360 User Interface
When BizTalk360 loads for the first time, the first screen will look as shown in the image below. You will not be able to perform any operations on the user interface unless you activate the license for the particular environment. Clicking the "Click here to activate the license" button will navigate you to the Licenses section where you can activate the license for the environment. Once you have activated the license for the environment, you will be able to perform all the operations in the environment.
BizTalk360 User Interface Post License Activation Process
Once you have activated the license for the environment, you will see the BizTalk360 User Interface as shown below. Let's take a look at the different sections in the dashboard -
Environment Selection - You can choose your required environment from the drop down. However, if you choose an environment that has no active license, you will be prompted with a message as shown in the image below. You can either choose to activate the license for the selected environment or choose an alternate environment.
- BizTalk360 Version - Displays the version of BizTalk360
- User Role - Displays the type of user role of the logged in user - Super User/Custom
Trial Key Duration - Displays the number of days left in the trial period.This option is available only for the trial version of BizTalk360.
- Support - Click the ? icon to raise a support ticket to BizTalk360 Support team regarding your issue
- Knowledge Base - Click the book icon to add/modify a knowledge base in the knowledge base section of BizTalk360
- Settings - Click to make the basic settings in BizTalk360 (required for other sections in BizTalk360)
- User Profile - Click to make the basic user profile settings (such as Avatar image, time zone, and date/time format)
Live Feed - Click the 'Expand' icon to expand the live feed section. In this section, administrators will be able to see all the activities of users in the BizTalk environment.Only Super Users will have access to Live Feed section in BizTalk360.
- BizTalk360 Operations, Monitoring, and Analytics - The core sections of entire BizTalk360. In v8.0, we have categorized the different operations of BizTalk360 into the top 3 levels (Operations, Monitoring, and Analytics). Under each level, each feature has been grouped under a particular section depending on their functionalities.
Grouped Operations - The different grouping under 'Operations' are -
- Application Support - Search Artifacts, Applications
- Rules - Business Rules, Business Rules Editor
- Data Access - Message Box (Queries), Graphical Flow (Tracking), Secure SQL Queries, Business Activity Monitoring, Advanced Event Viewer
- ESB Portal - ESB Exception Data
- Electronic Data Interchange - Reports, Parties & Agreements
- Health Check Tools - Backup/DR Visualizer, Message Box Viewer
- Security - Governance/Audit
Infrastructure Settings - Topology, Host, Host Instances, Message Boxes, BizTalk Servers, Tracking Manager, Adapters, SQL Server Instances
- Environment name - Displays the name of the environment above the dashboard
Dashboard Widgets - By default, you will notice 5 Default Widgets that load up when BizTalk360 v8.0 is installed/when you upgrade to v8.0. The widgets are listed below. In addition to the default widgets, users can add their own list of widgets to the dashboard. For detailed understanding of the Dashboard and the different widgets you can create, please refer the documentation of Dashboard section.
- BizTalk Environment Properties
- Artifacts Count
- Monitoring Service Status
- Support & Documentation
- Collapse Left Menu Pane - Click the icon to collapse the left menu pane
- BizTalk Group Properties - Click to view the BizTalk Group properties information such as SSO Server Name, BizTalk NT Groups, performance, BizTalk Database information, and Certificates information