As we add more and more functionalities into BizTalk360, we observe a common scenario across organizations that use BizTalk server where not all functionalities in the product are used by everyone in the organization. For instance, not everyone in the organization would use BAM or Business Rules as the name implies its more for business users. Therefore, when Business Rules or BAM is not used in the BizTalk server itself, users may not face the need to use the feature available in BizTalk360 as well.
In an effort to overcome this challenge, from version 7.8 onwards, we have introduced the concept of System Profile. Once BizTalk360 is installed, the super user can configure the features required for the organization at the environment level. Considering a scenario where Business Rules, EDI, and ESB are not used in the BizTalk server, the super user (administrator) can remove these sections from BizTalk360. The System Profile configuration page can be found under Settings > Environments > Edit Environment > Allowed Features.
Follow the steps as shown below to set up the allowed features in BizTalk360:
- Log in to the application (as Super user)
- Click the Settings icon at the top of the page
- Click Environments from the left menu bar
- Select the check box against the environment name and click Edit
- In the Edit Environment > Allowed Features section, select the features that need to be available for the particular environment
- Click Save to save the changes
- Click the Home button to navigate to the dashboard page. You will notice that only the features that were selected in the Allowed Features section will be available for the particular environment
Click the sliders to view the process of setting up system profile in BizTalk360.