BizTalk360 does not bundle Message Box Viewer (MBV) during installation due to the licensing restrictions of MBV. Therefore, administrators need to manually install MBV separately in the server where BizTalk360 is installed. Follow the steps as shown below to configure MBV:
- Download MBV Version 13 from the following link
- Extract the files to your preferred location in the server where BizTalk360 is installed
- Open a command prompt with “Run as Administrator” and navigate to the location where you extracted MBV
- Run MBVConsole.exe and allow MBVConsole.exe to complete its execution (where BizTalk is installed)
- Run MsgBoxViewer.exe. Click the “Start to Collect” button and allow the execution to complete
- Close the GUI application and make sure MBVSettings.xml file is created on the folder
- Share the folder with everyone (Try to open the shared folder within the environment in Run by using path)
Configuring MBV in BizTalk360
Once MBV is installed in the server where BizTalk360 is running, the administrator needs to configure the integration with BizTalk360.
Follow the steps as shown below to set up the integration:
- Log in to the application (as a Super user)
- Click the Settings icon at the top of the page
- Click Message Box Viewer from the left menu bar -
- Message Box Viewer Download Directory - Mention the path (the path used in 'Run' to open)
- Schedule Execution - Select the environment from the drop down for which the MBV execution has to be scheduled
- Day/Time - Select the day and time when the MBV should run automatically. For example, selecting Monday to Sunday at 0500 hrs means that the message box viewer will run everyday at 0500 hrs
- Click 'Save'
- Select BizTalk360 Health, navigate to 'Monitoring Service Status' and observe if any exception is appearing in the exception column for MBV Schedule
- If any exception appears like IsReadyForMBVExecution check failed. Error EULA for MBV Console application must be accepted, go to the below article and install the MBV_EULA.reg in all the servers
- Verify once again the exception is not appearing on the MBV Console
- Restart the BizTalk360 Monitoring service under services.msc. Now the MBV data will automatically be collected.