BizTalk360 allows the users to execute queries against the BizTalk Tracking database (BizTalkDTADb) to get the list of tracked service instances and message events. When the query is executed from the UI, BizTalk360 triggers a service call that is responsible to retrieve the information from the tracking database.Refer the BizTalk360 Architecture to understand more about how this works.
When the query is executed, BizTalk360 will display the tracked instances of pipelines and orchestrations that were executed by the BizTalk engine. In addition, additional information such as the duration, assembly name and version, start and end time, and any errors that occurred during processing will be displayed. Follow the steps as shown below to query the tracking database and retrieve the information:
- Log in to the BizTalk360 application
- Click the 'Operations' tab in the Navigation panel
- Click the expand button against 'Data Access' tab and select 'Graphical Flow (Tracking)' link
- In the Graphical Flow tracking screen, under Build Query Expression:
- Select Query - Select "Tracked Service Instances" from the drop down
- Max Matches - Select the number of records to be fetched from the tracking database. Ex. 10, 25, 50, 100....
Add a filter - To filter the results based on different parameters such as Assembly Name, Assembly Version, End Time, Error Code, Error Description, Host Name, Service Class, Service Instance ID, Service Name, Start Time, and State. Once the filter criteria is selected, you will automatically see the values for the filter getting listed in the drop down. Ex. Host Name, Is Equal To, BizTalkServerApplication. When host name is selected from the drop down, the value BizTalkServerApplication & other host names will automatically be listed in the drop down. The user can select the required value.
- The operator in most cases is 'Is Equal To'. But in the case of the category 'Creation Time', 'Start Time', 'End Time' and so on, the operator will be 'On or Before' or 'On or Later'.
- X - To delete the filter criteria
- Once a filter item is chosen from the drop down and while adding a new filter, the previously selected item will not be visible in the drop down.
- Click Execute Query to get the tracked service instances list from the tracking database
- The Query Results section displays the list of tracked service instances
- BizTalk360 v8.0 allows users to export the Query Results. Click Export to Excel link to download the report to your computer.
Click the sliders to view the process of getting the list of tracked service instances.