BizTalk360 offers a powerful user access policy mechanism that allows administrators to set up fine grained authentication and authorization policies for both individual users and NT groups. The administrators have the rights to restrict users from accessing all parts of the system and providing selected access based on the business requirements. This can be done through the "Add Permissions" screen in the user access policy section under "Settings".
Setting Up Access Permissions For Message Box (Queries) Section
To set up the access permissions for a user, follow the steps as shown below:
- Log in to the application (as a Super User)
- Click the Settings icon at the top of the page
- Click User Access Policy from the left menu bar
- Click New to add a new user to the system. Click here to view the steps in adding a normal user. Click Edit to modify an already existing user information
- Click Next to set up the applications that the user can access in the environment
- Click Next to set up the permissions for the user
- In the Add Permissions section, select the check boxes against 'Message Box Queries' under 'Data Access' section
- Providing access to Message Box Queries only allows the users to see the information about the service instances. To view the message content and context properties, administrators need to select Message Content/Context check box
- Click OK to save the settings
- Log in to the application with the user information
- In the left menu bar, user will see only the Message Box (Queries) section and few applications for which he has access
Click the sliders to view the process of granting permissions for users.