The Data Monitoring dashboard will display the status of service instances in a graphical manner. The data monitor status information will be plotted against the corresponding time on the calendar chart control. The status information is color coded based on the actual status of the data monitor. Let's assume the scenario - the administrator wants to terminate the Suspended (Non-Resumable) messages when there are more than 20 instances at a given time, and receive a warning when the count of service instances is greater than 15. In this case, when the number of suspended service instances is, say, 14 during a particular time period, the status will be plotted in Green color on the calendar chart control. Similarly, when the number of suspended service instances is, say, 17 during a particular time period, the status will be plotted in Yellow color on the calendar chart control indicating a warning & the notification will be triggered to the administrator's email. When the number of suspended service instances is, say, 25 during a particular time period, the status will be plotted in Red color on the calendar chart control indicating a breach in the error threshold condition. When the status message is clicked, the system will display a pop up with the actual status information of the data monitor.
The Data Monitoring dashboard works based on the time set in the System Settings. Click the System Settings link in the application to set the date and time format and select the appropriate time zone based on your preference. Once set, the setting will be applicable throughout the application.
Calendar Chart Area - The status information of the data monitor will be plotted in this section. The information will be plotted against the time interval on the Y-axis. Say for instance, a data monitor is set up to monitor for suspended non-resumable service instances once every 15 minutes during the business hours from 9 AM to 5 PM. In this case, the points will be plotted at every 15 minute slots starting at 9:00 AM through 5:00 PM. Depending on the status of the data monitor, the points will be plotted with either Green/Red/Yellow color code tick mark against the data point.
In the above screenshot, you will notice data points plotted with a green tick mark, yellow tick mark, and a red tick mark. A green tick mark indicates that the warning/error threshold condition was not met and everything was normal during the time period. A red tick mark indicates the vice-versa condition - the error threshold condition was met (when the actual count of suspended non-resumable service instances is greater than the configured error threshold value). A yellow tick mark indicates that the warning threshold condition was met (when the actual count of suspended non-resumable service instances is greater than the configured warning threshold value and less than the error threshold value).
You will notice a small 'Gear' icon on the data point that is plotted in the calendar chart area. This icon signifies the "Is action required" functionality of message box data monitoring. Depending on the "is action required" settings, if any specific action is taken, you will notice the gear icon on the data point that is plotted in the calendar chart area.If no action is taken (it the setting is not enabled), you will not see the gear icon against the data point in the calendar chart area.When no action is taken, the Task Action Result and Exception Summary tab also will not be visible in the Message Box Data Execution Results page.
Calendar Control - The calendar control can be used to pick a custom date and view the data monitor information. When a date is clicked, all the data monitors configured for the particular date are listed in the calendar chart area. For easy identification, the dates that have data monitor configured are color coded as Red, Green, and Grey
- Red - Atleast one of the configured data monitors on the specific date has failed to meet the configured criteria
- Green - All the configured data monitors on the specific date has successfully met the configured criteria
- Grey - Indicates the current date
- Expand/Collapse Calendar - Click the Collapse Calendar link to collapse the calendar control and get a full view of the calendar chart area. Once the calendar is collapsed, click the Expand Calendar link to display the calendar control
Message Box Data Execution Results - Click the plotted data point on the calendar chart area to view the Message Box Data Execution Results
The pop up window will display the following information:
- Start Time - The starting time of the window when the data monitor executed
- End Time - The end time of the window when the data monitor executed
- Overall Status - Displays either Success Failure or Warning depending on the status of data monitoring execution
- Task Action Taken - Displays the status of whether any task action has been taken or not by the data monitor. If any action has been taken, a green tick mark appears. If no task action has been taken, a red cross mark will appear in this area
- Warning Threshold - The count displays the warning threshold value set in the "Set the notification condition" section while setting up the data monitor
- Error Threshold - The count displays the error threshold value set in the "Set the notification condition" section while setting up the data monitor
- Actual Count - The count displays the actual count of service instances in a particular state (resumable/non-resumable) during the specific time period
- Configured Query - Displays the information about the query that is configured to execute along with the data monitor. This section displays the filter, the corresponding operator, and value configured for the query
- Task Action Result (tab) - This section will be visible only if the "Is action required" section is configured in the data monitor. Depending on the action that is taken by the data monitor, the results will be populated within the following column headers -
- Status - Displays the status of the action that has been performed. Displays the status result as Success or Failure
- Instance Name - Displays the name of the service instance
- Action When - Displays when the action has been taken
- Action Command - The action that has been performed on the service instance
- Exception - If there are any exceptions while taking the action, the exception information will be populated here
- Filter - This option helps to filter out the data monitor results of other sections (such as ESB/EDI/BAM/Tracking Data/Process monitoring) from the dashboard. This helps to give a clear view of the data monitoring results
- Refresh - Click the Refresh link to refresh the calendar chart area with the latest updates