BizTalk360 provides monitoring and notifications based on the reports generated by the integrated message box viewer. BizTalk Message Box Viewer (MBV) has over 400 rules to verify the different aspects of your BizTalk environment. BizTalk MBV is one of the key tools used to support and analyse the issues in a BizTalk environment. When you have a problem in your environment and you try to contact Microsoft Support Team for resolution, the first suggestion they make is to run the MBV and look for the critical and non-critical errors. The information in MBV is so accurate and informative that you can almost resolve any issues without much hassle.
BizTalk360 integrates with MBV to provide administrators the ability to monitor the amount of critical and non critical errors identified in the report. You need to install BizTalk Message Box Viewer separately on your server as the license from MBV restricts from bundling it with BizTalk360. You can follow the steps as given in the link to configure MBV in your server. The administrator can set alerts to be notified when the Message box viewer reports critical/non-critical errors above the configured thresholds.
You can set up monitoring of the MBV and allow BizTalk360 to trigger alerts when the number of critical and non-critical errors exceed a specific value, say 5 and 10 respectively. When the non-critical errors go beyond 10 and/or the critical errors go beyond 5, BizTalk360 will trigger a notification to your preferred communication channel (SMS, Email).
Setting up monitoring for Message Box Viewer
- Log in to the BizTalk360 application
- Click 'Monitoring' in the navigation panel
- Click the expand button against 'Manage Mapping' tab and select 'BizTalk Environment' link
- Select the Alarm name (see Creating an alarm) from the drop down for which you would like to associate the alerts
- In the list of system resources at the top, select Message Box Viewer. You will see the Current Configuration information that was retrieved from the latest MBV Report. System will display the current max. critical errors and max. non-critical errors
- Select the values for error threshold (Critical Errors and Non-critical errors)
- Click Save to save the message box viewer alerts