In the previous versions of BizTalk360, the notifications from BizTalk360 can be sent through static notification endpoints like SMS, Email, Windows Event log and HP Operation Manager. However, from v8.0, we have added the new capability called “Custom Notifications Channels” in BizTalk360. Using this functionality an end user can now send the notification to external systems like Slack, ServiceNow etc. and they can also build their own custom notification channels to any external systems.
With the introduction of custom notification channel, it’s very easy to send alerts to external systems like your ticketing system, internal databases, calling a REST endpoint, executing a PowerShell script etc.
Adding a new custom notification channel in BizTalk360
Let’s say, you want to create a simple notification channel called File Channel. Whenever a threshold alarm gets triggered, this channel will be used, which in turn writes the structured notification message onto the file system with a GUID.
Follow the steps as shown below to create a custom notification channel.
- Log in to BizTalk360
Click the Settings icon at the top of the page
- Click Monitoring and Notification from the left menu bar
- Click Manage Notification Channels
- Click New in the Manage Notification Channels page
- In the Notification Channel blade, enter the information in the fields as required
- Now unzip the sample code downloaded from GitHub
- Open the solution file in Visual Studio and build the solution
- Once the build is completed, the BIN folder will be automatically created
- Choose the DLL accordingly from the specified folder C:\Users\BizTalk360\Downloads\FileChannel-master\FileChannel-master\FileNotificationChannel\bin\Debug
- Upload the DLL file by clicking the Choose DLL button
- Click Validate and Render UI to create the custom notification channel
- Select the Notification channel and click Configure button
- Enter the Channel Name and click Configure to complete the process
Click the sliders to view the process of creating a new custom notification channel.