A receive location is the configuration of a single end point to receive the incoming messages into BizTalk server. The receive location contains the configuration information for receive adapters and pipelines. The receive location is one of the main run-time artifact of the BizTalk applications. The support person's responsibility is to monitor whether the receive location(s) is/are in a healthy state. Accidentally, if any of the receive locations are in the disabled state, the message flow into the BizTalk server will be disrupted and this will affect the business process of the organization.
The user can click on the Receive Locations tab of the application that will list all the receive locations in the application, and perform operations such as Enabling/Disabling the receive locations.
Viewing the Receive Locations of an application
To view the receive locations of an application in BizTalk360, follow the steps as shown below:
- Log in to the BizTalk360 application
Click the expand button against the 'Application Support' tab and select the 'Applications' link in the Menu panel on the left side of the screen
- Click the application name from the application list view
- BizTalk360 v8.0 allows users to export the list of available applications for the user along with their current operational and configuration status. Click Export to Excel link to download the report to your computer.
- Click Receive Locations tab to view the list of Receive locations of the application
Click the sliders to view the process of seeing the receive locations of an application.
Viewing the Properties of the Receive Locations
The properties window of the receive locations displays the general and transport information about the receive location, and the Schedule information. The Schedule allows users to restrict receiving information documents to specific date, while the Service window restricts receiving messages to a specific time frame. The General section of the receive location properties also display the properties of the Pipeline and the Transport adapters. Click the eye icon against each receive location to view the properties.
Click the sliders to view the process of seeing the properties of the receive locations.
Performing Operations on the Receive Locations
Based on the user permissions, the users will have the ability to perform operations such as Enabling/Disabling the receive locations. Here are the basic operations that can be performed on the receive locations depending on their run states:
|Receive Location Run State||Operations that can be performed|
The buttons have the following meaning:
- Enable - This will enable the receive location; the receive location will start receiving messages
- Disable - This will stop the receive location from either polling or listening
- Selecting the artifact (check box) and clicking on the Operation buttons (Start/Stop/Enable/Disable/Enlist/Unenlist) at the top of the grid
- Selecting the artifact (check box). When you do this, you will notice an inline operation showing up right next to the check box with the possible operations that you can perform on the artifact.
- Hovering over the record in the Status column - When you hover the mouse over the status column, you will notice the possible operations that can be performed on the selected artifact.
Click the following sliders to view the process of disabling and enabling a receive location.