One of the main run-time artifact of BizTalk applications is the Receive Ports. A receive port is the logical grouping of receive locations. Receive port is the entry point for messages into the BizTalk server architecture. The receive ports can function either as a one-way port (only receive incoming messages) or a request-response port (receives incoming messages and sends messages).
The support users need to ensure the receive ports and other main run-time artifacts are in a healthy state for the smooth functioning of the BizTalk application. The user can click on the Receive Ports tab of the application that will list all the receive ports in the application, and perform operations such as Enabling/Disabling the receive ports.
Viewing the Receive Ports of an application
To view the receive ports of an application in BizTalk360, follow the steps as shown below:
- Log in to the BizTalk360 application
Click the expand button against the 'Application Support' tab and select the 'Applications' link in the Menu panel on the left side of the screen
- Click the application name from the application list view
- BizTalk360 v8.0 allows users to export the list of available applications for the user along with their current operational and configuration status. Click Export to Excel link to download the report to your computer.
- Click Receive Ports tab to view the list of Receive Ports of the application. In the report grid view, you can expand the receive ports by clicking the inverted caret symbol to see the associated receive locations
Click the sliders to view the process of seeing the receive ports of an application.
Viewing the Properties of the Receive Ports
The properties window of the receive ports displays the information about the receive port, the associated receive locations, maps that are configured to transform the incoming messages on this receive port, and the tracking information. Click the eye icon against each receive port to view the properties.
Click the sliders to view the process of seeing the properties of the receive ports.
Performing Operations on the Receive Ports
Based on the user permissions, the users will have the ability to perform operations such as Enabling/Disabling the receive port. Here are the basic operations that can be performed on the receive ports depending on their run states:
|Receive Port Run State||Operations that can be performed|
The buttons have the following meaning:
- Enable - This will enable the receive port; the receive port will start receiving messages (either start polling or listening)
- Disable - This will stop the receive port from either polling or listening
- Selecting the artifact (check box) and clicking on the Operation buttons (Start/Stop/Enable/Disable/Enlist/Unenlist) at the top of the grid
- Selecting the artifact (check box). When you do this, you will notice an inline operation showing up right next to the check box with the possible operations that you can perform on the artifact.
- Hovering over the record in the Status column - When you hover the mouse over the status column, you will notice the possible operations that can be performed on the selected artifact.
Click the following sliders to view the process of disabling and enabling a receive port.