One of the main run-time artifact of BizTalk applications is the Orchestrations. It is essential that the Orchestrations are running properly for the healthy functioning of the BizTalk applications. The user can click on the Orchestrations tab of the application that will list all the orchestrations in the application, and perform operations such as Start/Stop/Enlist/Unenlist on the orchestrations.
Viewing the Orchestrations of an application
To view the orchestrations of an application in BizTalk360, follow the steps as shown below:
- Log in to the BizTalk360 application
- Click the expand button against the 'Application Support' tab and select the 'Applications' link in the Menu panel on the left side of the screen
- Click the application name from the application list view
- Click Orchestrations tab to view the list of orchestrations of the application. BizTalk360 will list the orchestrations of the corresponding application
Click the sliders to view the process of seeing the orchestrations of an application.
Viewing the Properties of the Orchestrations
The properties window of the orchestrations displays the general information about the orchestration, the associated bindings, and the tracking information. Click the eye icon against each orchestration to view the properties.
Click the sliders to view the process of seeing the properties of the orchestrations.
Performing Operations on the Orchestrations
Based on the user permissions, the users will have the ability to perform operations such as Starting/Stopping/Enlisting/Unenlisting an orchestration. The operations can be performed on a single orchestration or on multiple orchestrations by selecting the check boxes. Here are the basic operations that can be performed on the orchestrations depending on their run states:
|Orchestration Run State||Operations that can be performed|
The buttons have the following meaning:
- Start - The Orchestration is started. Any messages to which the Orchestration is subscribed are passed to the Orchestration for processing
- Stop - The Orchestration is inactive and although no new instances will be created, any messages to which the Orchestration is subscribed will be attached to it. When the Orchestration is started, new instances will be created and the messages will be processed
- Enlist - By enlisting a Orchestration, a subscription is created for this Orchestration. So if any messages are published to the MessageBox, to which the Orchestration is subscribed, the Orchestration receives a copy of that message and processes it
- Unenlist - This results in removing the existing subscription for the Orchestration
Click the following sliders to view the process of stopping a running orchestration, and then starting it, unenlisting the orchestration and later enlisting it.
- Selecting the artifact (check box) and clicking on the Operation buttons (Start/Stop/Enable/Disable/Enlist/Unenlist) at the top of the grid
- Selecting the artifact (check box). When you do this, you will notice an inline operation showing up right next to the check box with the possible operations that you can perform on the artifact.
- Hovering over the record in the Status column - When you hover the mouse over the status column, you will notice the possible operations that can be performed on the selected artifact.