In BizTalk terms, a BizTalk Application is a feature of the BizTalk server that simplifies the process of deploying, managing and troubleshooting business solutions. The BizTalk application is a logical grouping of items referred to as "Artifacts". There are different types of artifacts in a BizTalk solution such as:
- Receive Locations/Receive Ports
- Sent Ports/Send Port Groups
How does BizTalk360 differ from BizTalk Admin Console in terms of viewing applications?
- In real world, there will be hundreds of applications within a BizTalk server environment. With the standard tree view structure in the BizTalk Server Administration Console, monitoring the status of each application and its associated artifacts can become a cumbersome process. BizTalk360 solves this challenge by providing an application level dashboard that offers a clear view of what's going on within the application.
- The graphical view also facilitates better management and easy diagnosis of problems in the applications and its associated artifacts.
- The administrators can provide fine grained authorizations to support people to allow access only to specific applications in the environment. For instance, if there are 100 applications and the support user only requires access to 10 applications. The administrator can allow access only to the 10 applications as per the requirement.
Applications List View
The application list view can be seen by clicking the Applications link under the Application Support tab in the Menu panel on the left side of the screen. Click on the application name to view the status of the artifacts associated with the application.
The applications list view contains the following information:
- Application Name - The name of the application. Click the application name to view the status of the different associated artifacts.
- Status - Current running status of the application (Started/Stopped/Partially Stopped/Not Applicable)
- Configured - Whether the application is configured or not. If the application is configured, a visual cue (tick mark) will be visible in the column.
- Suspended Instances - The number of suspended instances within the application
- Description - Detailed description of the application. If the application is a System application, the description field will contain the text as "System Application"
References - Provides information on the application references. For instance, consider an application 'Application1'. The References section provides information on the list of applications that Application1 depends on, and the list of applications that are dependent on Application1
- Refresh - Refreshes the application information in the list view
- Export to Excel - Allows users to export the list of available applications for the user along with their current operational and configuration status. Click Export to Excel link to download the report in excel format to your computer.