When BizTalk360 is installed, a secure SQL server database is installed as a part of the process which will store all the BizTalk360 configuration information, user access policies configuration, KB articles, etc. The database will also store the governance/audit data, for example when the user starts a BizTalk host instance, a history record will be created in the back-end database. Over a period of time, if this data is not purged, they can grow exponentially in size and the database may run out of space. To avoid this situation, BizTalk360 comes out of the box with ability to set purging duration and the BizTalk360 background monitoring service has the capability to purge older data automatically after specified period.
Administrators/Super users have the capability to set the "Purge duration" under "Settings" in BizTalk360. You can customize the duration based on the organization requirements.
By default, BizTalk360 is configured to automatically purge the Governance/Audit data after 3 months. Follow the below steps to configure/alter the governance audit data purging policy.
Setting up Data Retention (Data Purging) policy
- Log in to the application (as Super user)
- Click the Settings icon at the top of the page
- Click BizTalk360 Health from the left menu bar
- Click Data Purging from the list of options
- Customize the purging policy by selecting the count and day/week/month options from the list boxes opposite to Governance/Audit data
- Click Save to save the data purging policy
Click the sliders to view of process of setting up the data retention policy.