The first step in setting up BizTalk360 installation is to configure the users (who can access the application) and the level of access they will have while accessing different sections in the application. The "User Access Policy" section under "Settings" allows the users to manage the user information. BizTalk360 allows to assign authorizations to both NT Users and NT Groups.
By default, only Super Users will have the privilege of creating a new user in the application.
Adding a new user role
The 'Add New Users' section under User Access Policy allows users to add a Domain User or a Domain Group and assign them with specific tasks that can be done in the system. To add a new user role into the application, follow the steps as shown below:
- Log in to the application (as a Super user)
- Click the Settings icon at the top of the page
- Click User Access Policy from the left menu bar
- Click New to add a new user to the system
User/Group Name – Enter the user name. The name can be either of the user or the user groupWe recommend the best practice of creating NT Groups instead of individual users. By doing so, the super user just needs to be informed when a new application is added in BizTalk. The super user can add the application to the NT group that will be visible to all the users
- Domain Name – Enter the domain name. If you are setting up on a local machine that is not a part of the domain, enter the machine name as the domain name
- Service Bus Identity – Enter the email id (Windows Azure email id) of the partner administrator/partner users in order to map it with the current user. This will allow the partner administrators/users to control the environment from a remote location. Click here to understand more about mapping the partner administrator with a local user/accessing the environment from a remote location
- Is NT Group – Turn on if you are creating a new user group
- Is Super User – Turn on if the user must have escalated rights than other (normal) users. When the Super User is turned on, the Environments option will not be visible as the super user will have access to different configured environments by default
- Environments – Select the environment that the user can access and perform actions depending on his authorization permissions
- Click Next to set up the applications that the user can access in the environment
Click the sliders to go through the process.