In BizTalk360, Super users will have full control to access the entire BizTalk environment(s). He/she can then assign restricted permission (user access policy) for other users to access the different areas of environment(s). Different levels of support engineers require different access privileges in the application. Say, a LEVEL1 support engineer only requires read-only access to environment, LEVEL-2 engineers may need to have access to BizTalk Monitoring & Notification section to be able to monitor the health of servers and other artifacts, whereas a LEVEL3 support engineer may requires access to message context/context, ability to view the throttling data, and so on.
Assigning permissions to permit user access
The super users have the capability to assign fine grained access control to individual users and NT groups to allow access to specific areas of the application.
- Log in to the application (as super user)
- Click the Settings icon at the top of the page
- Click User Access Policy from the left menu bar
- Click Edit against the normal user for whom the access permissions need to be set
- Navigate to Permissions section. Select the permission level from Predefined User Access Profile drop-down or select the custom sections that the user requires access to Operate, Access, and/or View
- Predefined User Access Profiles section lists the default access permission for different support levels. Users can also create custom profiles to Operate, Access and/or View.
- Click OK to confirm the user access policy settings
Click the sliders to go through the process.