Super users have the highest level of authorization to access all the configured environments using BizTalk360 application. The system allows to create multiple super users for the BizTalk environments, but we recommend to avoid having too many super users. For example, if your team has 5–10 members, you can have 1–2 users with super user rights and the remaining can be normal users with defined user access policies. BizTalk360 allows administrators to add domain users/domain groups as super users.
Adding a super user
- Log in to the application (as a Super user)
- Click the Settings icon at the top of the page
- Click User Access Policy from the left menu bar
- Click New to add a new super user to the system
User/Group Name – Enter the user name (Ex. Josh). The name can be either of the user or the user group
Domain Name – Enter the domain name (Ex. CORP). If you are setting up on a local machine that is not a part of the domain, enter the machine name as the domain name
Is NT Group – Turn on the NT Group, if you are creating a new user group
Is Super User – Turn on the Super User, if the user should have escalated rights than other (normal) users. When the Super User is turned on, the Environments option will not be visible as the super user will have access to different configured environments by default
- Click OK to create the new user. If the "Is NT Group" option is turned on, system will check whether the specified group exists or not. If the group does not exist, system will display an error message as "The specified local group does not exist."
Click the sliders to go through the process.