In this section, we will take a detailed look into the different controls that are available in the Settings tab of BizTalk NoS Ultimate add-in. When BizTalk NoS Ultimate is installed, the first screen that appears is the BizTalk NoS Settings pop-up window. You will notice two tabs - Settings & License.
Is Default - Select the check box to set the selected environment as the Default one.
To make an environment as the default one, make sure you have entered values in all the fields (Environment Name, SQL Server Instance, Management DB, Default Application)
- Environment Name - Friendly name to identify your environment, say, Development, UAT, SIT, Production and so on
- SQL Server Instance - Enter the name of the SQL Server instance that hosts the BizTalk Management database. The default value is “.” (local).
- Management DB - Enter the name of the BizTalk Management Database for the group. The default value is "BizTalkMgmtDb".
- Default Application - Select the application name from the drop down
- Verbose Development (Optional) - Selecting this option helps in debugging the problems as it displays more detailed messages in the output window about what is happening
- Dynamic Navigation - Select the check box to enable dynamic navigation (easily access the artifacts that are dependent on the current artifact). When the option is enabled, you will notice a separate section in the Visual Studio editor that will list the dependencies
- Add - To add a new environment. This will create a new row for the environment to be created. Select the
- Delete - To delete an existing environment. Click on the environment details and hit the Delete button. You will be prompted with a confirmation message as "Are you sure to delete the selected environment"? Click Yes to delete the environment.
- Save - Save the Settings
- Close - Close the BizTalk NoS Ultimate Settings screen