In BizTalk360, the monitoring service plays the key role as it is responsible to fetch the status of artifacts from the BizTalk server.
How To Install BizTalk360 Monitoring Service Alone?
Installing BizTalk360 monitoring service on the BizTalk servers is a straight forward task. It is the same like installing BizTalk360 MSI file from an Administrator command prompt. Follow the steps as shown below to install the monitoring service alone -
- Run Command prompt in the "Run As Administrator" mode
- Navigate to the location where the MSI file is saved and execute it
- In the Welcome to BizTalk360 Setup Wizard screen, click ‘Next’ to continue
- Read the End User License Agreement and select ‘I accept the terms in the License Agreement’ to accept the license agreement. Click 'Next'.
- In the Prerequisite Checks screen, check whether all the prerequisites have been verified and a green tick mark is placed next to every item. If something is wrong, please cancel the setup, correct the errors, and rerun the setup. If everything is correct, click Next to proceed to the next step.
- In the IIS Virtual Directory Settings page, select the IIS website where you want to create the virtual directory. Enter the application pool settings such as Name, username, and password. Once you have entered the information, click Next to proceed further. Make sure the user is a part of the local groups (refer the Prerequisites section).
- In the 'Access for creating BizTalk360 Database screen' page, specify the SQL Server Name and Database name. You have the option to test whether the connection to the database is successful. Click Next to proceed to the next screen
- In the Windows Service Settings page, leave the default values and click Next. BizTalk360 uses a background Windows service for certain tasks like creating event log data and persisting in the back end SQL server database, taking care of data purging and so on.
- In the Custom Setup screen, deselect BizTalk360 website and BizTalk360 Database by selecting "Entire feature will be unavailable", then click Next for the final installation verification step
- Review the information and click ‘Install’ to start the installation process. Once the installation is complete (it takes about 1-2 minutes), click Finish to complete the process.