Please watch this short video, which explains how you can manage licenses in BizTalk360. This is applicable only for BizTalk360 version 7.10 and above.
This video provides the detailed explanation about the Licensing Management feature introduced in BizTalk360 version 7.10. In the earlier versions, users had to manually request for a license through the BizTalk360 application, send it manually to license@BizTalk360.com, and the BizTalk360 licensing team had to perform some manual tasks to generate the license keys. We have completely automated the process from version 7.10 and there is no need for users to request for a license key through the BizTalk360 application.
This video covers the 3 major areas involved in the licensing management feature:
- Automatic Activation & Deactivation (Environments with Internet connection)
- Manual Activation & Deactivation (Environments with no internet connection)
- Switching from one license type to another (say, for instance trial license to commercial, and so on) seamlessly
When you log in to BizTalk360 (v7.10), if there is no active license, you will notice the message as "Please Activate your License Key Manage Licenses" in a yellow bar. If there is only one environment, you will directly notice the pop-up screen requesting you to activate a particular type of license (Commercial, Trial, Partner. Product Specialist). In order to activate the license, you will need two key information - Order Number and License Code. If you are evaluating the trial version, you will receive the order number and license code in the trial email that you receive. If you are adding a commercial/partner/product specialist license, you will have the order number and license code in the License and Service Certificate (PDF document) that is issued by the BizTalk360 licensing team.
1. Automatic Activation and Deactivation
We have documented the detailed process of activating and deactivating the license for the different types of license options that are available.
- Click here to read the process of activating and deactivating a Commercial License
- Click here to read the process of activating and deactivating a Trial License
- Click here to read the process of activating and deactivating a Partner License
- Click here to read the process of activating and deactivating a Product Specialist License
2. Manual Activation and Deactivation
When there is no internet connectivity from the server where BizTalk360 is installed, you need to perform a manual activation/deactivation process to activate the license. There is still no need for you to send us any license information as the process has been automated for this requirement as well. When you navigate to BizTalk360 Settings > Licenses page, you will notice the Activate and Deactivate buttons will look a bit different - Get Manual Activation Code, Get Manual Deactivation Code, Activate.
We have documented the detailed process of manually activating and deactivating the license for different license options available in BizTalk360.
- Click here to read the process of performing manual license activation
- Click here to read the process of performing manual license deactivation
If in case you are decommissioning the server, please keep in mind that you MUST deactivate the active license(s). Failing to deactivate the license(s) will mean that you will not be able to use the same license on a different Production or Non Production environment. You will see an error message as "There is already an active license for this order number/license code. Please deactivate the current license".
In this case, when you reach out to our Licensing team, the deactivation/activation will be done free of cost for the first time. However, in future, if there is a request from the same company for the same problem, an admin fee of USD 100 will be applicable on each occasion to perform the deactivation/activation process.