Let's take a look at a working end-to-end scenario of the auto healing/auto correct mechanism in BizTalk360. We have an application named "Contoso" that receives messages through the receive location from an external application. For some reason, the application stops for a brief period of time. In this case, the receive location will not be able to receive the messages. We will set up monitoring on this receive location and enable the auto correct functionality. You will get to see how the BizTalk360 monitoring service actually auto corrects the state of the receive location back to normal state. Click the sliders to view the process of setting up auto correct.
- Log in to BizTalk360 (as a Super User)
Create a Threshold Monitoring Alarm
- Click Monitoring and Notifications
- Click Manage Alarms from the drop down on the top right corner of the page
- Click New Alarm drop down and select For Threshold Monitoring
- Enter the Alarm basic details such as Alarm Name, Email Id, Description. Click Next
- Select the Alert on threshold violation check box. Fill in the remaining sections in the Threshold Alert screen. Click Next and provide the SMS settings if you wish to receive the SMS notifications
- Click OK to create the alarm
Set up SMTP to receive email notifications
- Navigate to Settings and select Monitoring and Notification. Select SMTP to configure the email settings.
- Enter the SMTP details and click Save
Set up Monitoring for Receive Location of Contoso application
- Navigate to Applications under Monitoring and Notifications
- Select Contoso application
- Select the Alarm from the drop down on the top right
- Select Receive Locations tab
- Select the check box against the receive location, click Expected State drop down, and select Enabled. The Expected State changes from Do Not Monitor to Enabled.
Setting up Auto Correct for the Receive Location
- Select the check box against the receive location, click Auto Correct drop down, and select Enable
- Auto Correct will be enabled for the receive location with the default values for Max Retry as 5 and Retry Count as 0
When Receive Location goes down
- Attempt 1 - Auto correct will attempt to retry for the first time during the monitoring cycle. (Max Retry : 5, Attempt Count : 1). Let's assume the attempt was unsuccessful. You will receive an Auto Correction Alert email with the information. At this point, the monitoring dashboard will display the state of the artifact as Critical (2). When you click on the count, you will notice the auto correction steps that have been performed on the artifact.
- Attempt 2 - Auto correct will attempt a retry for the second time during the next monitoring cycle (Max Retry : 5, Attempt Count : 2). Let's again assume the attempt was unsuccessful. You will receive the second auto correction email with the information.
- Attempt 3 - Auto correct will attempt a retry for the third time during the next monitoring cycle (Max Retry : 5, Attempt Count : 3). Let's assume this attempt was successful. You will receive the third auto correction email with the information. Within the next few seconds, the monitoring dashboard will display the state of the artifact as healthy. Lastly, the attempt count will reset to 0 (Max Retry : 5, Attempt Count : 0)
- The receive location state is reset successfully by the monitoring service (BizTalk360 Auto Healing Functionality)