There may be occasions when there is no internet connection available for BizTalk administrators in their BizTalk environments. In this case, it gets difficult for administrators to activate a BizTalk360 license. To solve this problem, we have added the capability for BizTalk administrators to be able to activate and deactivate BizTalk360 license in the offline mode. In this article, we will see how to manually activate a BizTalk360 license. Click here to read the article about manual license deactivation. When there is no internet connectivity in the server where BizTalk360 is installed, the Licenses screen will display the following buttons - Get Manual Activation Code, Get Manual Deactivation Code, and Activate.
To understand the manual activation process better, lets consider the following scenario. Let's assume that you have evaluated BizTalk360 trial and requested for a "Standard Enterprise edition license for Production Environment in the Bronze Tier (2 Maximum BizTalk Servers & 25 Maximum BizTalk Applications)" to BizTalk360 licensing team by sending an email to license@BizTalk360.com. You will receive a License and Service Certificate issued by BizTalk360 licensing team (as shown below) with the details required to activate the license for the environment. Click the sliders to view the complete License and Service Certificate.
Manually activating the BizTalk360 license
Once you have received the license code from the BizTalk360 licensing team, follow the steps as shown below to perform the manual license activation
- Log in to BizTalk360 (as a Super user)
- Create a new environment for which you want to activate the license. Click here to read the article on how to add a new environment in BizTalk360.
- Click 'Manage Licenses' in the environment creation page, or click 'Activate License' in the Manage Environments page
- In the 'Manage Licenses' page, select the check box against the environment name and click Get Manual Activation Code
- In the Generate License Activation Request page -
We recommend you to provide a valid corporate email id.Please note that you will receive the activation response code to this email id
- Select Commercial as the license type
- Select the environment type as Production
- Enter the Order Number and License Code from the License and Service Certificate issued by BizTalk360 licensing team
- Enter the email address
- Select the check box to confirm you accept our terms and conditions
- Click Generate Request to generate the license activation text
- Copy the license activation text and navigate to http://www.biztalk360.com/manual-license-activation/ (Manual license activation page) on a web browser
You need to have internet connection in order to get the manual activation code.
- Select Activation option and paste the activation code in the space provided
- Click Send. If the code is incorrect (happens if you selected/entered incorrect values in the Generate License Activation Request page), you will see validation errors below the Send button. If the code is correct, you will see the License Activation code in the same page.You will also receive an email within the next few minutes on the email id provided in the Generate License Activation Request page with the license activation code.
- Copy the license activation code
- Navigate back to BizTalk360 Licenses page, select the check box against the environment name, and click Activate
- In the Activate License pop-up, enter the activation code that you generated in the Manual license activation page (received via email)
- Click Activate
- If the activation was successful, you will be navigated back to Manage Licenses screen. The License Activation Status will display status as Activated, Product License Type will display the status as Commercial, and the Expiry Status will be Active with the Expiry date.
- Click Environments from the left menu. You'll notice the License Type reflecting Enterprise and the License Status displaying Activated for the environment.
Click the sliders to view the process of manually activating the license in BizTalk360.