In this article, we will explain the step-by-step process of activating a commercial license in BizTalk360. The licensing model of BizTalk360 works at an environment level. For a commercial license, we have Standard and Enterprise license editions. Depending on your requirement and organizational set up, you can request for a specific license from our licensing team (by writing an email to license@BizTalk360.com). The available commercial license options are - Perpetual Standard, Perpetual Enterprise, Subscription Standard, and Subscription Enterprise. For more information about the licensing and the different tiers for enterprise editions, refer the Pricing page on our website.
Requesting a License
Let's assume that you have evaluated BizTalk360 trial and requested for a "Perpetual Enterprise edition license for Production Environment in the Bronze Tier (2 Maximum BizTalk Servers & 25 Maximum BizTalk Applications)" to BizTalk360 licensing team by sending an email to license@BizTalk360.com. You will receive a License and Service Certificate issued by BizTalk360 licensing team (as shown below) with the details required to activate the license for the environment. Click the slider to view the complete License and Service Certificate.
Activating the license
Once you have received the license certificate with the order number and license code details, follow the steps as shown below to activate the license -
- Log in to BizTalk360 (as a Super user)
- Create a new environment for which you want to activate the license. Click here to read the article on how to add a new environment in BizTalk360.
- Click 'Manage Licenses' in the environment creation page, or click 'Activate License' in the Manage Environments page
- In the 'Manage Licenses' page, click the green tick mark to activate the license. Alternatively, you can select the check box against the environment name and click the Activate button.
- Select Commercial as the license type
- Since we are activating a Perpetual Enterprise edition license for Production Environment -
- Select the Environment Type as "Production"
- Enter the Order Number and License Code from the License and Service Certificate issued by BizTalk360 licensing team
- Enter the email addressWe recommend you to provide a valid corporate email id.
- Select the check box to confirm you accept our terms and conditions
- Click Activate to activate the license for the environment. If there are any validation errors, it will be displayed at the top of the pop-up screen.
- If the activation was successful, you will be navigated back to Manage Licenses screen. The License Activation Status will display status as Activated, Product License Type will display the status as Commercial, and the Expiry Status will be Active with the Expiry date.
- Click Environments from the left menu. You'll notice the License Type reflecting Enterprise and the License Status displaying Activated for the environment.
Click the sliders to view the process of activating the commercial license in BizTalk360.
Viewing the License Information
Click the eye icon to view the license information. The license information page displays the environment and license information.
Deactivating the Commercial License (and activating in a different environment)
There may be occasions when you wish to use the license key in a different environment (of the same type) for specific reasons. This is possible by deactivating the license (from the current environment) and activating it with a different environment. Let's consider a scenario - We have activated a environment BT360DOC01-NON_PROD with the license key. Say, we have one more non-production environment (BT360DOC01-NON_PROD2), and we want to use the same keys in this environment for some testing purposes. In this case, we need to deactivate the keys from the BT360DOC01-NON_PROD environment and activate them in BT360DOC01-NON_PROD2 environment.
If in case you are decommissioning the server, please keep in mind that you MUST deactivate the active license(s). Failing to deactivate the license(s) will mean that you will not be able to use the same license on a different Production or Non Production environment. You will see an error message as "There is already an active license for this order number/license code. Please deactivate the current license".
In this case, when you reach out to our Licensing team, the deactivation/activation will be done free of cost for the first time. However, in future, if there is a request from the same company for the same problem, an admin fee of USD 100 will be applicable on each occasion to perform the deactivation/activation process.
- Log in to BizTalk360 (as Super User)
- Click Licenses from the left menu
- Considering the scenario discussed above, you will notice that the license is active for BT360DOC01-NON_PROD. The license status for BT360DOC01-NON_PROD2 displays the status as Unknown.
- Click the Red Power icon against BT360DOC01-NON_PROD or select the check box against the environment name and click the Activate button to deactivate the existing license
- The environment will be deactivated and the Activation Status will display the status as Deactivated and the Expiry status will display status as Unknown
- Click the Green tick mark against BT360DOC01-NON_PROD2 or select the check box against the environment name and click the Activate button
- Enter the Order Number, License Code, select the Environment Type, email address and click Activate
- You will notice that the same license code will be activated in BT360DOC01-NON_PROD2
Click the sliders to view the process of deactivating the commercial license.