There are lots of ways in which a pipeline can be tested such as using a BizTalk Pipeline Framework to set up unit testing of the pipeline, using Pipeline.exe tool, or by creating and using them in real time BizTalk Messaging scenarios. The problem with these approaches is that users are forced to perform testing using third-party tools or tedious methods to test the pipelines in a BizTalk server environment. With the "Test Pipeline Component" functionality in BizTalk NoS Ultimate add-in, you can debug the pipeline component by attaching an external process right from the visual studio environment.
Testing the pipeline component using BizTalk NoS Ultimate add-in
Follow the steps as shown below to test the pipeline component with BizTalk NoS Ultimate add-in:
- Once the BizTalk NoS Ultimate add-in has been installed, open Visual Studio. You will notice the NoS Add-in icons in the solution explorer section.
- Right click the component name and select "Test Pipeline Component" under "BizTalk NoS Testing"
- A 'Test Component' pop-up will open. The steps to perform the test pipeline component will be explained in detail in the pop-up screen.
- Click 'Select Instance' to select the pipeline instance. Select the pipeline instance from the folder directory structure.
- The next step is to attach the test pipeline process from Visual Studio. Click Debug in the Visual Studio Menu and select Attach Process.
- Select the pipeline process from the 'available processes' list and click Attach
- The last step is to set a break point in your custom pipeline component. Open the pipeline component file and set the break point.
- Click Run Test to run the test to test the pipeline component. With this, you will be able to start debugging your custom pipeline component code.
Click the sliders to view the process of testing the pipeline component using BizTalk NoS Ultimate add-in.