The reflector feature will create meaningful reports with lot of useful information about the entire solution or a particular project in the solution that can be analyzed for any specific purpose. The reflector will provide the following information in the reports:
- Statistics and metrics such as Solution Metrics (number of projects, list of artifacts, orchestrations, transformation, schemas, pipelines) and Artifact Metrics (information about the average memory space used by the artifact, complexity of the artifact, and so on)
- Information about which component uses this artifact and what this artifact is doing
- Additional Information like artifact dependencies, list of ports that are using the orchestration/schema/map, count of shapes that exist in the orchestration, count of construct messages/transformations, number of functoids or links that exist within a transformation, and so on
The other main functionality of the reflector is that you can interact with the generated report, meaning when you are reading about the artifact, the add-in will automatically open the artifact. This is applicable to directory, maps, orchestrations, schemas, and so on. The reflector can be used in all levels of your solution - from a simple artifact, a single project, or to produce a full report of your entire solution (this means to have a report of all of the artifacts in the solution). The reflector report can simply act as a good documentation of your BizTalk projects.
Generating reports using Reflector
Follow the steps as shown below to generate the reports using reflector:
- Once the BizTalk NoS Ultimate add-in has been installed, open Visual Studio. You will notice the NoS Add-in icons in the solution explorer section.
- Right click the solution name (or the project name) and select "Reflector" under "BizTalk NoS"
- You will be prompted with a message as "Do you want the metrics report too?". Click Yes to generate the reflector report.
- The Solution/Project Report will be generated that contains detailed information about the solution/project
Click the sliders to view the process of generating reports using reflector.