The first step in setting up data monitoring is to create an alarm and map it to Process Monitor/Message Box Data/Tracking Data/BAM Data/EDI Data/ESB data. Follow the steps as shown below to create a data monitoring alarm:
- Log in to the BizTalk360 application
- Click 'Monitoring and Notification' in the Menu panel on the left side of the screen
- Select 'Manage Alarms' from the drop down in the top right corner of the screen
- Click 'New Alarm' and select 'For Data Monitoring'
- Enter a descriptive name for the Alarm, Email id (you can enter multiple email ids as comma separated values), and Alarm Description
- Click > to enter the Data Monitor Alert page
- Select the check box "Use this alarm for Data Monitor Alerts" if you wish to associate the current alarm with the process monitors. Select the check box "Notify on Success as well" to receive success email alerts for the configured process monitors. If you do not choose the second check box, you will not receive the success email alerts.
Click > to move to the last section of adding the Advanced Settings information
All the settings in advanced settings page is optional. Set the phone number to receive the Notification SMS when the alert is triggered. As with the email ids, you can enter multiple phone numbers as comma separated values.
- Click OK to create the alarm. The alarm will be created and you will be redirected to the Manage Alarms page. The Manage Alarms page will list the alarms that have been created for the environment.
Click the sliders to view the process of setting up the process monitoring alarm.