The Data Monitoring dashboard will display the status of configured BAM activities in a graphical manner. The data monitor status information will be plotted against the corresponding time on the calendar chart control. The status information is color coded based on the actual status of the data monitor. To understand the BAM data monitoring dashboard better, let's assume the scenario - "The administrator wants to get notified with a warning when there are more than 5 activities and receive an error when there are more than 10 activities during a specific time period, say, once in 15 minutes."
In this case, when the number of status reports is, say, 4 during a particular time period, the status will be plotted in Green color on the calendar chart control. Similarly, when the number of status reports is, say, 9 during a particular time period, the status will be plotted in Yellow color on the calendar chart control indicating a warning & the notification will be triggered to the administrator's email (if this option has been enabled by the administrator). When the number of status reports is, say, 15 during a particular time period, the status will be plotted in Red color on the calendar chart control indicating a breach in the error threshold condition. When the status message is clicked, the system will display a pop up with the actual status information of the data monitor.
The Data Monitoring dashboard works based on the time set in the System Settings. Click the System Settings link in the application to set the date and time format and select the appropriate time zone based on your preference. Once set, the setting will be applicable throughout the application.
Calendar Chart Area - The status information of the data monitor will be plotted in this section. The information will be plotted against the time interval on the Y-axis. Say for instance, a data monitor is set up to monitor the BAM activities once every 15 minutes during the business hours from 9 AM to 5 PM. In this case, the points will be plotted at every 15 minute slots starting at 9:00 AM through 5:00 PM. Depending on the status of the data monitor, the points will be plotted with either Green/Red/Yellow color code tick mark against the data point.
Calendar Control - The calendar control can be used to pick a custom date and view the data monitor information. When a date is clicked, all the data monitors configured for the particular date are listed in the calendar chart area. For easy identification, the dates that have data monitor configured are color coded as Red, Green, and Grey.
- Red - Atleast one of the configured data monitors on the specific date has failed to meet the configured criteria
- Green - All the configured data monitors on the specific date has successfully met the configured criteria
- Grey - Indicates the current date
- Expand/Collapse Calendar - Click the Collapse Calendar link to collapse the calendar control and get a full view of the calendar chart area. Once the calendar is collapsed, click the Expand Calendar link to display the calendar control.
BAM Data Execution Results - Click the plotted data point on the calendar chart area to view the BAM Data Execution Results.
The pop up window will display the following information:
- Start Time - The starting time of the window when the data monitor executed
- End Time - The end time of the window when the data monitor executed
- Overall Status - Displays either Success Failure or Warning depending on the status of data monitoring execution
Warning Threshold - The count displays the warning threshold value set in the "Set the notification condition" section while setting up the data monitor
- Error Threshold - The count displays the error threshold value set in the "Set the notification condition" section while setting up the data monitor
- Actual Count - The count displays the actual count of started service instances during the specific time period
- Configured Query - Displays the information about the query that is configured to execute along with the data monitor. This section displays the filter, the corresponding operator, and value configured for the query.
- Filter - This option helps to filter out the data monitor results of other sections (such as Message Box/Tracking Data/Process Monitoring/ESB/EDI) from the dashboard. This helps to give a clear view of the data monitoring results.
- Refresh - Click the Refresh link to refresh the calendar chart area with the latest updates