In addition to granting access permissions to ESB Exception Management section, BizTalk360 offers additional fine grained authorization mechanisms with respect to performing message submissions. The administrators can allow access only to specific users to be able to submit messages. This can be done through the "Permissions" screen in the user access policy section under "Settings".
Setting up access permissions for Resubmitting Message
Follow the steps as shown below to set up access permissions for a user to be able to resubmit a message:
- Log in to the application (as a Super User)
- Click the Settings icon at the top of the page
- Click User Access Policy from the left menu bar
- Click Add New to add a new user to the system. Click here to view the steps in adding a normal user. Click Edit to modify an already existing user information.
- Click => to set up the applications that the user can access in the environment.
- Click => to set up the permissions for the user
- In the Permissions section, select the check boxes against 'ESB Portal' under 'Can Access Data' section
- Select the check box against Resubmit ESB Message under 'Can Access Data' section
- Select the check box against Message Content/Context under ''Can Access Data' section
- Click OK to save the settings and create the user
- Log in to the application with the user information.
- In the left menu bar, user will see only the ESB Portal and few applications for which he has access. You can also notice that the user will have permissions to be able to Submit a message.
If the check box in step 8 and step 9 is not selected, then user would not be able to resubmit the message.
Click the sliders to view the process of granting permissions to resubmit messages for users.