The first step in setting up data monitoring is to create an alarm and map it to the data monitor. The alarm creation process is the same as creating an alarm for setting up monitoring and notifications. The simple difference in process is that we have added a new screen in the alarm creation process to map the alarm with data monitors. Follow the steps as shown below to create a data monitoring alarm:
- Log in to the BizTalk360 application
- Click 'Monitoring and Notification' in the Menu panel on the left side of the screen
- Select 'Manage Alarms' from the drop down in the top right corner of the screen
- Click 'New Alarm'
- Select For Data Monitoring to create the current alarm specific to data monitoring
- Enter a descriptive name for the Alarm, Email id (you can enter multiple email ids as comma separated values), and Alarm Description
- Click > to enter the Data Monitor Alert page
- Select the check box "Use this alarm for Data Monitor Alerts" if you wish to associate the current alarm with the data monitors. Select the check box "Notify on Success as well" to receive success email alerts for the configured data monitors. If you do not choose the second check box, you will not receive the success email alerts.
Click > to move to the last section of adding the Advanced Settings information
All the settings in advanced settings page is optional. Set the phone number to receive the Notification SMS when the alert is triggered. As with the email ids, you can enter multiple phone numbers as comma separated values.
- Click OK to create the alarm. The alarm will be created and you will be redirected to the Manage Alarms page. The Manage Alarms page will list the alarms that have been created for the environment.
Click the sliders to view the process of setting up the data monitoring alarm.