The Environment Dashboard provides information on the health of BizTalk server environment. The icons in the dashboard represent the different objects that are found in the BizTalk environment. By clicking the icons, users can easily access the different areas of BizTalk360 that are not directly available in the menu, but are of importance for them (such as Alarms, Monitoring Dashboard, and so on).
Icons present in the dashboard
The environment dashboard contains the following icons:
- Alarms - When the alarms icon is clicked, user will be able to see the different errors and warnings corresponding to the different configured alarms
- Monitoring Dashboard - When the monitoring dashboard icon is clicked, user will be able to see the monitoring dashboard for the corresponding alarm. If there are multiple alarms configured, users can select the appropriate alarm from the drop down at the top right corner of the page.
- Applications - When the icon is clicked, BizTalk360 will list the applications that are present in the BizTalk server environment. The users can perform select operations such as Starting/Stopping/Enlisting/Unenlisting/Enabling/Disabling the different artifacts associated with the application.
- Hosts - When the icon is clicked, the user will be able to view the properties of all the BizTalk hosts. Clicking on a host name will list the properties of the host and list the host instances that are associated with the host.
Host Instances - When the icon is clicked, the application will list all the host instances across all the BizTalk servers in the group. The users can perform select operations such as Starting/Stopping/Enabling/Disabling the host instances. If any host instances is in the Stopped state, the Host Instances icon will be displayed in Red color.
This functionality of highlighting the icon in red color when there is an error is available only for the Host Instances icon.
- BizTalk Servers - When the icon is clicked, all the available BizTalk servers in the group are displayed. The basic information of the BizTalk server and the Hardware/Software information is displayed.
- Message Boxes - When the icon is clicked, all the message boxes in the group will be displayed. All the information in the Message Boxes page are completely read-only
- SQL Servers - When the icon is clicked, all the configured SQL servers in the group will be displayed. The user will be able to see the instance property information and the product information of the SQL server. In addition, user will be able to view the data file size and log file size information from a single place
- Adapters - When the icon is clicked, user will be able to view the list of all configured adapters in the BizTalk server environment and their properties information
- Topology - When the icon is clicked, user will see the current topology of the environment in the form of a network diagram
- Event Viewer - When the icon is clicked, user will be able to view the event logs and sources that has been configured in BizTalk360 Settings
- BAM Portal - When the icon is clicked, user will be able to view the BAM Views that are configured for the particular environment, BAM Activity information, Activity time window, and the information about the BAM databases.
- Governance/Audit - When the icon is clicked, user will be able to view the audit logs of the different activities that are performed on the host instances, service instances, and applications
Visual Cue in the Environment Dashboard
The environment dashboard contains few visual cues that will let the user know about the problems in the environment. The first visual cue is with the Host Instances icon. The icon will turn in Red Color if there is any problem with any of the host instances in the environment. This will alert the user about the problem with the host instances.
In addition to the visual cue for host instances, the application also displays a warning notification (red bar) if there are any suspended instances in the environment and the time when the last one was suspended.
The information in the dashboard is context-sensitive based on the user permission. For instance, a specific user has access only to few BizTalk applications (say 3). The information in the dashboard (Applications, Host Instances) will relate to the applications for which he has access to. There may be 200 suspended service instances in the environment, but for the applications for which the user has access, there may be only 10 suspended service instances. In this case, the count in the warning message will only display 10 instead of 200.
BizTalk Group Properties
On the dashboard page, BizTalk360 also displays the Properties of the BizTalk group. The group properties are divided into four categories:
Click the sliders to view the different BizTalk group properties.