BizTalk360 integrates with MBV to provide administrators the ability to monitor the amount of critical and non critical errors identified in the report. The administrator can set alerts to be notified when the Message box viewer reports critical/non-critical errors above the configured thresholds. BizTalk360 has the capability to trigger alerts when the number of critical and non-critical errors exceed a specific value, say 5 and 10 respectively. When the non-critical errors go beyond 10 and/or the critical errors go beyond 5, BizTalk360 will trigger a notification to your preferred communication channel (SMS, Email).
Setting up monitoring for Message Box Viewer
- Log in to the BizTalk360 application
- Click 'Monitoring and Notification' in the Menu panel on the left side of the screen
- Select 'BizTalk Environment' from the drop down in the top right corner of the screen
- In the top right corner of the page, select the Alarm name (see Creating an alarm) for which you would like to associate the alerts
- In the list of system resources at the top, select Message Box Viewer. You will see the Current Configuration information that was retrieved from the latest MBV Report. System will display the current max. critical errors and max. non-critical errors.
- Select the values for error threshold (Critical Errors and Non-critical errors)
- Click Save to save the message box viewer alerts