BizTalk360 allows users to configure BizTalk groups that need to be managed. When BizTalk360 is installed, a default environment gets created in BizTalk360 (with the same name as the SQL server instance) with a developer license type and a trial key that is valid for 14 days. The administrators need to update the license by requesting for a new license key. Once the new key is applied, the license type will change to Product Specialist.
The administrators can configure multiple environments within a single installation of BizTalk360. To add a new environment, follow the steps as shown below:
- Log in to the application (as a Super user)
- Click the Settings icon at the top of the page
- Click Environments/Licenses from the left menu bar
- Click Add New to add a new environment
- In the Environment Configuration page;
- Name - Enter a friendly name that helps to identify the environment. Ex. Contoso-QA
BizTalk Management SQL Instance Name - Enter the name of the SQL server instance that holds the BizTalk Management Database (BizTalkMgmtDb)
BizTalk Management Database Name - Enter the name of the BizTalk Management Database (BizTalkMgmtDb)
- License Key - This field is optional while adding a new environment. If you already have a trial license, you can enter the license information in the space provided. The trial license can be used across multiple environments. However, beyond the trial period you need to procure a commercial license.
- Click Test Connection to validate the information entered in the Environment Configuration page. If the information is valid, BizTalk360 will display a confirmation message as "Connection Successful".
If the information is not valid, BizTalk360 will display an error message.
You can choose to directly Save the environment information. By doing so, BizTalk360 will first test the connection to validate the information and if all the information is valid, the environment will be added. Otherwise, BizTalk360 will display the same error as shown before.
Click OK to add the new environment to BizTalk360
Click the sliders to view the process of adding a new environment.
BizTalk360 is a agent-less architecture. There is only one monitoring service running for all the configured environments. So having all the environments in one single configuration just adds lot of load on the monitoring service. The other issue with this approach is that if you have any issues with BizTalk360, it makes it so difficult to diagnose the issue since it affects lot of environments.