In addition to retrieving the service instance state information, BizTalk360 allows users to execute queries and retrieve the information of the messages from the message box database. When the query is executed, BizTalk360 triggers a service call that will retrieve the message information such as Message ID, message status, service status, service name, class, instance ID, and so on.
Follow the steps as shown below to query the message box database and retrieve the information:
- Log in to the BizTalk360 application
- Click 'Message Box (Queries)' in the Menu panel on the left side of the screen
- In the Message Box (Queries) screen, under Build Query Expression;
- Select Query - Select Messages from the drop down to retrieve the status of messages
- Max Matches - Select the number of records to be fetched from the message box database. Ex. 10, 25, 50, 100....
- Add a filter - To filter the results based on different parameters such as creation time, error adapter, error code, error description, host name, instance status, message ID, message status, message type, service class, service instance ID, service name, service type ID, and URI. Once the filter criteria is selected, you will automatically see the values for the filter getting listed in the drop down. Ex. Host Name, Is Equal To, A_THROTTLING_01. When host name is selected from the drop down, the value A_THROTTLING_01 & other host names will automatically be listed in the drop down. The user can select the required value.
- X - To delete the filter criteria.
Click Execute Query. The Query Results section displays the list of messages and their status
Click the sliders to view the process of generating the list of the state of all messages.