BizTalk360 allows users to execute queries against the BizTalk Message Box database (BizTalkMsgBoxDb) to get the list of suspended service instances and running service instances. When the query is executed from the UI, BizTalk360 triggers a service call that retrieves the list of service instances and their current state. In addition, the service call will retrieve other information related to the service instance such as creation time, error code associated with the error and its description.
Follow the steps as shown below to query the message box database and retrieve the information:
- Log in to the BizTalk360 application
- Click 'Message Box (Queries)' in the Menu panel on the left side of the screen
- In the Message Box (Queries) screen, under Build Query Expression;
- Select Query - Choose one of the options from the drop down (All In-progress service instances, Running service instances, Suspended Service Instances) to retrieve the status of service instances.
- Max Matches - Select the number of records to be fetched from the message box database. Ex. 10, 25, 50, 100....
- Add a filter - To filter the results based on different parameters. The parameters will vary while retrieving the status of In-progress service instances, running service instances, and suspended service instances. Once the filter criteria is selected, you will automatically see the values for the filter getting listed in the drop down. Ex. Host Name, Is Equal To, A_THROTTLING_01. When host name is selected from the drop down, the value A_THROTTLING_01 & other host names will automatically be listed in the drop down. The user can select the required value.
- X - To delete the filter criteria.
Click Execute Query. The Query Results section displays the list of All In-progress service instances, Running service instances, and Suspended Service Instances
Click the sliders to view the process of generating the list of the state of all in-progress service instances.
Click the sliders to view the process of generating the list of the state of all running service instances.
Click the sliders to view the process of generating the list of the state of all suspended service instances.