In addition to retrieving the tracked service instances information, BizTalk360 allows users to execute queries and retrieve the tracked message events information from the tracking database. When the query is executed, BizTalk360 triggers a service call that will retrieve the information on messages that went through pipelines and orchestrations.
Follow the steps as shown below to query the tracking database and retrieve the information:
- Log in to the BizTalk360 application
- Click 'Graphical Flow (Tracking)' in the Menu panel on the left side of the screen
- In the Graphical Flow tracking screen, under Build Query Expression;
- Select Query - Select "Tracked Message Events" from the drop down
- Max Matches - Select the number of records to be fetched from the tracking database. Ex. 10, 25, 50, 100....
Add a filter - To filter the results based on different parameters such as Creation time, Event Type, Party Name, Port name, Schema name, ServiceInstanceID, and URI. Once the filter criteria is selected, you will automatically see the values for the filter getting listed in the drop down. Ex. Port Name, Is Equal To, SendPort1. When port name is selected from the drop down, the value SendPort1 & other host names will automatically be listed in the drop down. The user can select the required value.
The Event Type result column can have the result of either Send or Receive for the different artifacts
Artifact Event Type Reason Receive pipeline Receive When the message arrived at the pipeline from outside BizTalk through an adapter Receive pipeline Send When the pipeline sends a message to the MessageBox Send pipeline Receive When the pipeline received a message from the MessageBox Send pipeline Send When the pipeline sends the message to an external adapter Orchestration Receive When the orchestration receives the message Orchestration Send When the orchestration sends the message
- X - To delete the filter criteria.
- Click Execute Query to get the tracked message events list from the tracking database
- The Query Results section displays the list of tracked message events
Click the sliders to view the process of getting the list of tracked message events.