In BizTalk360, super users/administrators can grant access permissions for normal users to access the Custom SQL queries section. Click here to read the article on the steps to grant access permissions to custom SQL queries section. However, providing access does not allow users to add/execute/save/delete queries. The super users need to set up Advanced user access policy for custom SQL queries to allow users to be able to operate the SQL queries. By doing this, administrators can assign only the required queries to the users instead of everything. This offers better control over the type of access that can be given to a user.
Advanced User Access Policy For Custom SQL Queries
Follow the steps as shown below to set up the advanced user access policy for a normal user:
- Log in to the application (as a Super User)
- Click the Settings icon at the top of the page
- Click User Access Policy from the left menu bar
- Click Add New to add a new user to the system. Click here to view the steps in adding a normal user. Click Edit to modify an already existing user information.
- Click => to set up the applications that the user can access in the environment.
- Click => to set up the permissions for the user
- In the Permissions section, select the check boxes against 'Custom SQL Query' under 'Can Access Data' section
- Click the Advanced link next to the Custom SQL Query check box
- In the Custom SQL Query - Advanced User Access Policy page;
- Query List - Select the pre-loaded queries that the user can operate on. Click Select All to allow access to all the pre-loaded queries.
Can Access - Select the check boxes to set up the access restrictions for the normal user w.r.t. adding/editing/executing/deleting new custom SQL queries. The different options available are:
- Add Query
- Edit & Execute Query
- Edit & Save Query
- Delete Query
- Export Results
- Click OK to save the advanced settings
- Click OK to save the user permissions
- Log in to the application with the user information
- Click Custom SQL Queries from the left menu bar. You will notice that the user only has access to the selected pre-loaded queries and limited access restrictions.
Click the sliders to view the process of setting up the advanced user access policy for a normal user.