Normal users will have restricted access into the application depending on the authorization permissions assigned to their profile. Ex., George is a support user who needs access only to few applications and certain areas of the system like Governance/Audit, Message Viewer Report, Advanced Event Viewer, Monitoring Dashboard and KB articles.
The entire process of creating a new user is divided into 3 sections:
- Creating the user information
- Selecting the applications
- Assigning the user permissions
Note: Only Super users have the rights to create new users in BizTalk360. You need to request the administrator/Super user to add a new (normal) user to the system.
Adding a normal user
- Log in to the application (as a Super user)
- Click the Settings icon at the top of the page
- Click User Access Policy from the left menu bar
- Click Add New to add a new normal user to the system
User/Group Name – Enter the user name (Ex. George). The name can be either of the user or the normal user group.
Domain Name – Enter the domain name (Ex. CORP). If you are setting up on a local machine that is not a part of the domain, enter the machine name as the domain name.
Is NT Group – Select the check box if you are creating a new user group
Is Super User – Do not select the check box while creating a normal user.
- Environments - Select the environment that the user should be able to manage from the drop down
- Click => to set up the allowed applications
- Select the applications that the user will be able to see in the environment. Click "Select All" to select all the applications from the list
- Click => to set up the permissions
- Select the check boxes against the sections that the user must be able to Operate/Access/View in the environment
- To set up access policies for Custom SQL Queries, click the Advanced link. In the 'Advanced User Access Policy' section, select the access rights for the user to operate on the custom SQL queries section. Click OK to save the settings
- Click OK in the Permissions screen to create the new user
Click the sliders to view the steps to create a normal user.